CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Here we go...Ethiopia Adventure Review: DAY ONE

We were the first, of our team, to arrive @ the airport. I FORGOT my sleeping bag. Good thing a couple other team members had NOT left yet & could stop by my (messy--embarrassing) house real quick & grab it for me.

As I kissed & hugged my family goodbye, DH surprised me w/ 12 cards w/ sealed envelopes. Each envelope addressed as Day #1, Day #2 & so on all the way to day 13! I was so surprised & touched & of course then felt guilty because unbeknownst to him, I had planned to do the same thing for each of them but did not get a chance. Berty gave quite an extra long hug as I said goodbye. I think she did not want to let go.......

Journal excerpt June 15, 2008 3:47pm Sunday:
We're @ the airport. Got about an hour till we are in the air. Finally got a moment to sit. Passed baggage check-in, then baggage drop off, then line for check-in security, thru the x-ray machines and now we sit.....

Journal excerpt 4:39 pm:
I don't think it's much fun to watch a movie alone, I've decided. We are not even in the air yet. Seems like this flight & our time trying to get to Ethiopia is just a few minutes short of forever....

...I got 2 dolls done before I left & was able to give them to Berty for her birthday. One had black fabric (w/ stars) for skin & deep burgundy colored velvet for her dress. The other had brown floral fabric for a dress. She said she liked them. :-) Here we go--taking off--we're over water--I saw a boat. I got Daddyboy a smaller version of the "Dangerous Book for Boys"!

This adventure would require I miss both my littles birthdays. One 2 days after I left & the next, 2 days before I return.

The airplane seats have a screen on the back of them & a remote control on the arm which controls the screen in front of you. You can from dozens of movies to watch, or some tv episodes or play a video game. It was boring but what else was I going to do?

I had wanted to bring my crochet but had no room to pack it. Kicked myself for that. I did not bring any reading material besides my Bible. Figured I'd be too busy and it was all I really was going to need anyway....so I 'wrote'! lol

0 comments: