CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

yah, yah, yah...

It's been harder than I expected being back home. I was prepared to experience 'culture shock' (which I didn't) but not when I returned home, not this 'Reverse Culture shock' madness.

I feel like I have been back forever, but it's only been about a week.

I've been processing everything, the trip, the faces, the children I met ect.
I haven't even been able to bring myself to open up my journal & read it.

I've been documenting the pix online w/ my online board friends & that has helped, but it's not the deep stuff. It's superficial experience.

I hope to be able to start blogging my adventure this week w/ excerpts from my journal.

It really was a truly amazing experience & adventure of a lifetime.

Some things just seem so silly now, back home. Useless....& it's hard to realize where you fit in again when you feel so different.

It doesn't help that everything I eat has done nothing but make me sick for the past week. It was awful & no fun. I didn't get any mosquito bites in Ethiopia but I brought something back w/ me that has covered me w/ tiny, itchy bites. yuck! SO I now have all these tiny scabs. Nice. Add jet lag & major fatigue, physical & spiritual, to the mix & you've got the makings for one crazy momma & wife.

My family has been so great & understanding, as well as they can be, considering.

1 comments:

CappuccinosMom said...

I can't wait to read more!