CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Ethiopia Adventure Review: DAY TWO

A 10 hour layover in London Heathrow Airport for 3 of us, Angela, TJ & I. We are required to stay in the airport. I need the sun! I need to see a real sky. It was boring. Security was annoying.

Journal Excerpt: Mon. July 16, 2008:
My watch says it's just after midnight but the sun is bright & it's 8:30am in London--our destination. Of course I barely got any sleep or none. I tried--but it was too hard. My mind wouldn't sleep. I mostly prayed.

Dinner was pasta, carrot cake & I can't remember what else. Breakfast was apple pancakes or cheese omelet. We chose cheese omelet w/ chicken sausage, fruit cup, strawberry yogurt, orange juice cup, tea & blueberry muffin. It was quite filling.....

12 days seems so far away. How will I be when I am on the flight back? Will I be changed? Will this trip be 'amazing' as I hope? Will it be the adventure of a lifetime? Will we get a chance to serve? to serve people & God? Will I really get to see God work? I hope so....Will I really make any difference @ all?......

Journal Excerpt: Mon July 16, 2008 London time 9:43 pm
Bag x-ray is separate from shoe x-ray. My backpack was selected to be gone through manually & have every article taken out. Line after line after line. I'm glad I stayed awake mostly because even though it's barely afternoon CA time, it's nighttime for London. So if I can sleep now, in the morning we will be in Ethiopia. Let the adventure begin....

Boarding the plane was an interesting process. Everyone rushed & crowded @ the door--they called seat numbers but everyone just stood crowded @ the door--no order--You could not get through even if you had a number they called. I wondered if that was how it would be in Ethiopia--no more personal space--less order--respect?...

So much prayer & mixed emotions accompany this team & this trip--I wonder if that means there will be no danger or if we may still encounter dangerous situations but we will be safe within them? Will we still encounter various questionable situations or not?

Our bags were supposed to be transferred automatically but wen we got to the counter--we discovered that they had all gone w/ Brent & Larry. We can only hope that they knew enough or realized that ALL the bags had been transferred w/ them.....

0 comments: