CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Ethiopia Adventure Review: DAY THREE

Journal Entry:
I think it's July 17, 2008. I believe it's already Tuesday. We can see the sun rise outside our plane window & it's beautiful--red, yellow & blue. I keep expecting to see the silhouette of a tree & a lion. lol I have Lion King music in my head now....

In flight dinner was ok--I avoided the salad. The restroom was gross but it's all getting ready for Ethiopia--up close & personal right?

I feel like I've let my guard down--but I pray as i try to sleep and sing worship songs in my head.

Will I feel closer to God when we get there? Maybe it's like limbo being @ the airport. Like I couldn't do 'God's work' @ the airport? Why didn't we pray for some divine meetings @ the airport? Already a wasted opportunity these 1/2 day long flights & yet I spoke to no one but my teammates. God can & will meet me anywhere & we can serve God anywhere so why not try & serve while we were there? Did we miss an opportunity? I hope God is not disappointed & understands....

Journal Excerpt 11:43 am Ethiopian time:
We got in line for customs from the plane but we needed to get a visa. We got into another line to get a visa--it cost $20. That took about 40 min. While we were in line the lights of the airport went out. After a few minutes they came on partially.

Our luggage was supposed...to travel w/ Larry & Brent. We checked anyway jic--there was a wall of luggage but none ours. We finally stepped out & saw a guy holding a sign that read: TJ TAYLOR. We were so happy. Then he asked us: You lost your luggage too?

All our luggage was w/ Larry & for some reason--NONE of it made it to Ethiopia!!! Part one of the Ethiopian Adventure. LOl

We are staying in a 'mission guesthouse' and it looks & feels just like Tijuana, Mexico. The weather is cool--almost chilly actually. The city of Addis Adaba looks very much like Tijuana or downtown LA except all the citizens are black instead of mexican....

It was a bit of a drive from the the airport to the guest house. At first, I thought the city looked colorful & joyful but the more we drove, the more it did not appear that way. The roads are a mess, there is rubble everywhere, no sidewalks and amidst the city feel, there are goats & goat herders, very strange. There are run down buildings & shacks. Al the rubble makes it appear almost as a war zone. It looks as if @ one time it tried to look modern & then gave up? I'm not sure. It became more & more depressing--a lot of people just sitting around....

Journal Entry (late):
We went to the city today to buy a few necessary clothes & items. I had to get a skirt & Larry got me a jacket. It is way colder than we thought or expected & it did rain for a bit.

I am very cold but I am ok. I don't feel scared or anything.....

When we were prayed tonight I got a picture of a fountain & children playing in it & I was looking out a window or something. The luggage thing seemed like it could be stressful but I am not stressed just tired.

0 comments: