CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

I'm not scared

Maybe I should be? I don't know.
Maybe it is this new place I am in in my life today. My life is not my own. I do not even own it. I do not have a right to do w/ it as *I* will, it belongs to God. So what is there to fear?
Plus the fact that so many times (even recently) I have been in, what can only be described as such nightmarish situations, that I survived. God saved me. I have not perished physically & have yet to perish spiritually. I have not starved, I have not been homeless...nor as I wrote in an earlier post, have any of my utilities been shut off. And heaven is NOT OAC, so I'm good in that aspect too. lol
I am not afraid of going to Ethiopia. I do operate under the idea of respectful caution. I will be an 'American' in a foreign country...I am fully aware that my rights are only good in my own country.
I know that there is no way I do this or move forward upon my own strength.
I am fully aware I am @ the mercy of my Heavenly Father.
I do not expect it to be easy, but I am not afraid of it either.
I don't know exactly what will happen in Ethiopia, but I am very excited. I have been given many encouraging words about it.
I also realized for the first time, today, that this trip is not just about God stretching me, but my family & my husband as well....maybe.
This time next week....I will be in the AIR! SQUEEEEE!!!!

0 comments: